the Chief Justice of Ontario has handed down edict that all Provincial Offenses Act (POA) courts operated by the City of Barrie will remain closed through late January.
Any matter scheduled up to and including January 22, 2021, have been cancelled and defendants do not need to attend court. All matters will be rescheduled by court order, and defendants will be notified by mail.
The following courthouses are affected by this:
- Barrie Provincial Offences Office – 45 Cedar Pointe Drive, Barrie
- Orillia Provincial Offences Office – Willow Court Plaza, 575 West Street S, Unit #107, Orillia
- Churchill Satellite Court – Churchill Community Centre, 6322 Yonge Street N, Churchill
- Collingwood Satellite Court – 49 Huron Street, Collingwood
- Penetanguishene Satellite Court – Town Hall, 10 Robert Street W, Penetanguishene
- Wasaga Beach Satellite Court – 30 Lewis Street, Wasaga Beach
Common matters that would appear in POA courts include offence notices or summons issued to an individual, or parking infraction notices. POA staff are available to discuss resolution options for those with a Notice of Trial. Staff are available available Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., excluding holidays, to answer questions regarding closures or update contact information.
- Barrie – phone 705-739-4291, fax 705-739-4292 or email POA.Barrie@barrie.ca
- Orillia – phone 705 326-2960, fax 705-326-3613 or email POA.Orillia@barrie.ca
For more information and further updates, please visit barrie.ca/CourtServices.