Barrie City Hall is going through some restructuring.
The Corporation of the City of Barrie says, in order to achieve some long-term plans, several departments are being folded into others.
“Earlier this year, Council approved their Strategic Priorities for this term of Council.” reads a memo obtained by Barrie 360, “But in order for us to achieve all these plans we have to ensure we are structured properly.”
The memo indicates the different changes behind the scenes at City Hall:
- Business Development realignment within the Infrastructure and Growth Management division.
- Creative Economy now aligned under Business Development; Theatre and Events functions will move to be aligned with the services delivered by the Recreation Department. The Invest Barrie and Creative Barrie brands will remain.
- IT, CCI, and Innovation to Access Barrie to better align with Customer Service and Communications. This is said to allow for seamless delivery of citizen-driven services through new websites, apps, and customer-focused technology.
- S.A.P. Team will move under Finance allowing for the city’s financial management system to best meet the financial needs of the corporation.
- Prosecution staff moving to Legislative and Court Services to allow for more efficient service delivery.
“These changes focus on our residents and taxpayers; and allows the city to be better positioned to serve our community.” reads the staff memo, “It will create more streamlined service delivery, improved business performance, process improvement, risk management and legislated compliance.”
The four heads of the departments amalgamated into others were yesterday let go.
The last time the Corporation of the City of Barrie went through a restructuring like this was in 2013, with minor tweaks in 2016.