South Simcoe Police say town by-law the first call you make when reporting some emergency directive violators

Police will still answer your call if needed

The South Simcoe Police Service is letting the public know it will investigate those who violate emergency directives from the province, but your best bet is either the town by-law office or the health unit.

Legislation that was recently passed by the province restricts the use of closed parks and other outdoor amenities, along with public gatherings of more than five people. Residents of Innisfil or Bradford who wish to report a violation of these directives are asked to contact town by-law during business hours.

In Bradford, that would be BWG Enforcement at enforcement or (905)-775-5366, extension 1701. For Innisfil residents, contact TOI Enforcement at or by phone at (705)-436-3710.

During non-business hours of the towns’ by-law enforcement offices, residents are directed to report their complaint(s) to the South Simcoe Police Service utilizing the non-emergency numbers at (705) 436-2141 or (905) 775-3311. If there is an emergency that requires immediate police presence, dial 911.

If residents want to report incidents of non-compliance for physical distancing, 14-day self-isolating for international travelers and non-essential business openings contact the Simcoe Muskoka District Health Unit 1-877-721-7520.