Textbook Response To Essa House Fire

Fire Chief Praising Resident for Quick Thinking

Essa Fire Chief Cynthia Ross Tustin tells us the homeowner did everything right follow a fire on 25th Sideroad Thursday morning.

The Chief tells Barrie 360 the woman at the home noticed smoke and then flame coming from the bathroom ceiling fan, so she closed the door and stuffed a towel under it to prevent smoke from filling the home.

The woman and her husband, the only two in the house at the time, then got out safe after calling 911. Fire fighters arrived in no time to douse the flame, noting there were working smoke detectors in the home at the time.

Damage is pegged at $85,000.