The town of Innisfil is reopening its beaches but is keeping COVID-19 top-of-mind.
As the beaches across Innisfil reopen, Town Hall is reminding folks there are a number of measures put in place to address overcrowding and promote physical distancing. This includes resident-only parking lots at the following locations:
- 9th Line Road End
- 10th Line Park
- 12th/Mapleview Line Park and Lot
- 30th Sideroad North Road End and Dock
- Guest Road Lot
- Shore Acres (Neilly Road Lot)
- Belle Ewart Park
- Innisfil Beach Park (Lots A, B, C, E and F)
Some town staff are being redeployed to ensure these spaces remain for residents’ use only.
“Enjoy your day at the beach, but please do so safely,” said Mayor Lynn Dollin. “The actions you take will impact what beach access looks like in the weeks and months to come. While reopening our beaches is good news, we remind residents that it’s absolutely crucial to adhere to public health guidance when enjoying our public spaces.”
The Town is also encouraging residents to take everyday actions to reduce exposure to COVID-19, including:
- Stay home if you’re feeling ill or if you have recently come into contact with someone who is sick.
- Maintain a physical distance of at least two metres from others. Wear a mask when physical distancing is difficult to protect those around you.
- Wash or sanitize your hands frequently and thoroughly. Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Properly dispose of garbage and recyclables. Do not leave sanitizing wipes, masks or gloves on the beaches or in the parks. If receptacles are full, please take your waste home.