York Region will expand access to a COVID-19 vaccine, lowering the minimum age one can book a shot to 70.
Effective Tuesday, March 23 at 8:30 a.m. those born in 1951 and earlier will be able to book an appointment online, as the majority of the province continues to enforce a minimum age of 75+. This includes Simcoe-Muskoka.
Those within the high priority heath care worker category are also permitted to book a shot province-wide, as are staff and residents of long-term care homes, Indigenous adults and their households, and those receiving chronic home care.
In York Region, COVID-19 vaccines are available at the following locations:
- Ray Twinney Recreation Complex located in the Town of Newmarket, operated by Southlake Regional Health Centre
- Georgina Ice Palace located in the Town of Georgina, operated by York Region Public Health
- Aaniin Community Centre located in the City of Markham, operated by York Region Public Health (Opening Tuesday, March 23, 2021)
- Cornell Community Centre located in the City of Markham, operated by Eastern York Region North Durham (EYRND) Ontario Health Team (OHT)
- Cortellucci Vaughan Hospital located in the City of Vaughan, operated by Mackenzie Health
- Maple Community Centre located in the City of Vaughan, operated by York Region Public Health
- Richmond Green Sports Centre located in the City of Richmond Hill, operated by York Region Public Health