The region has marked its eleventh case of COVID-19 within a school.
A case of COVID-19 has been detected at Goodfellow Public School in Innisfil. This comes as the Simcoe Muskoka District Health Unit confirmed a young Innisfil male between the ages of 0 and 17 contracted the virus.
The Simcoe County District School Board confirms a classroom at Goodfellow Public is closed as a result of this case.
To date, eleven schools with the Simcoe Muskoka Catholic District School Board, Simcoe County District School Board, or the Trillium Lakelands District School Board have been affected, with one case reported in each of the following:
- Sister Catherine Donnelly Catholic School
- Bear Creek Secondary School
- St. John Vianney Catholic School
- St. Paul’s Catholic School
- St. Angela Merici Catholic School
- Admiral Collingwood Elementary School
- Spruce Glen Public School
- Goodfellow Public School
- Twin Lakes Secondary School
- Father F.X. O’Reilly Catholic School
- Worsley Elementary School