The Downtown Hot Cocoa Trail is starting up again this year on February 2nd and will run every Saturday and Sunday for the entire month.
Treat yourself to a special treat every weekend by following along the trail that includes 20 unique versions of hot chocolate.
Every purchase of hot chocolate at any of the 15 participating locations will include the chance to win a prize voucher! Participants will receive a ballot with each purchase to be entered in a draw that will take place after the last weekend of February.
There are 5 prize vouchers up for grabs, so visit as many locations as possible to increase your chances of winning.
For the duration of the Hot Cocoa Trail, Flying Monkeys Craft Brewery will also be helping to raise money for The Camphill Foundation. For every Ginger Belle bottle of beer purchased during the month of February, Flying Monkeys will donate $2 to The Camphill Foundation. Bottles will be available daily for purchase to take home.
Remember, at the end of a long work week in February… there will be a steamy, scrumptious hot cocoa waiting for you downtown Barrie.
Here’s a list of participating locations and featured flavours:
- Swirleez Frozen Yogurt (89 Dunlop St. East #101) – Flavour: Peppermint Hot Cocoa
- Chillz Dessert Lounge (89 Dunlop St. East #102) – Flavour: Spiked Snickers Specialty Hot Cocoa (19+) – Dine In Only
- Barrie Bean Counter (49 Dunlop St. East) – Flavour: Avalanche Hot Chocolate
- Renegade Health Bar (50 Dunlop St. East) – Saturdays Only – Flavours: Adaptogenic Vegan Hot Chocolate & Keto Hot Chocolate
- Chavos Crepes (74 Dunlop St. East) – Flavour: Salty Marshmallow Hot Chocolate
- Epic North Coffee / Homestead Artisan Bakery (80 Dunlop St. East) – Saturdays Only – Flavour: Epic Mocha with Homestead Lightning Marshmallow
- Casa Cappuccino (91 Dunlop St. East) – Flavour: Toffee Crunch White Hot Cocoa
- J’Adore Fine Cheese & Chocolate (123 Dunlop St. East) – Saturdays Only – Flavour: Superhero Hot Chocolate on a Spoon
- Ripe Juicery (118 Dunlop St. East) – Flavour: Raw Peppermint Hot Cocoa (dairy free & vegan)
- BOHEMIA (125 Dunlop St. East) – Flavour: Pure Cocoa with Maple
- Gallery Café @ MacLaren Art Centre (37 Mulcaster St.) – Flavour: Chocolate Cherry Hot Chocolate
- Lazy Tulip Café (29 Maple Ave.) – Flavour: Mexican Spicy Mocha
- TLC Cafe & Bistro (41 Maple Ave.) – Saturdays Only – Flavour: Old Fashion TLC (Hot Cocoa served with Mini Marshmallows & Whip Cream)
- NOURISH Brew+Blend @ Nutrition Plus (42 Maple Ave.) – Saturdays Only – Flavour: Very Vegan Hot Chocolate
- Higher Grounds Coffee House (69A Dunlop St. West) – Saturdays Only – Flavours: Tiramisu Hot Chocolate & Creme Caramel Hot Chocolate
Trail Guides are free and can be picked up at any of the participating locations.