Damage is pegged at $50,000 as a result of an electrical fire in an unoccupied building at the Huronia Regional Centre property in Orillia.
The blaze broke out Friday night and was noticed by security who called the fire department.
Fire Chief Brent Thomas in an email to Barrie 360 said when crews arrived they found a large building full of smoke. There was also smoke that needed to be cleared in an underground access way.
Fire services in Rama, Ramara and Oro-Medonte provided tanker support.
Thomas said that’s because planned upgrades to the hydrant system have not been done and several hydrants did not have enough water pressure.
At the height of the incident, there were four Orillia trucks on scene and one tanker each from neighbouring municipalities.