Family Cat Missing Following Lefroy House Fire

Careless Cigarette Butt Disposal Cited As Cause of Damaging Fire

A family pet is unaccounted for after a fire in Lefroy.

Innisfil Fire was called to a Pine Avenue home Wednesday afternoon, to find the home engulfed by flame. Deputy Fire Chief Derek Wilson told Barrie 360 via email the fire caused significant damage to the home, in the area of $300,000. Once it was knocked down, it was discovered the fire was caused by the “careless disposal of smoking materials” according to officials.

While there were no injuries to the occupants of the home or the firefighters on scene, Deputy Chief Wilson says a cat is unaccounted for.