Georgian Mall has stepped up its cleaning game as it expects to welcome back a slew of shoppers after the province gave shopping malls the green light to fully resume business.
Georgian Mall is operating at its regular hours, with the expectation that retailers will gradually reopen over a transition period. Shoppers are encouraged to contact retailers directly for up-to-date information on hours of operation.
The shopping centre’s parent company, RioCan, says it has set enhanced safety protocols for its properties to follow, including Georgian Mall, and were designed with provincial and municipal health authorities in mind. “Tenants who choose to open must similarly establish heightened health and safety protocols for the foreseeable future,” reads a statement from the company.
RioCan says steps to protect guests, tenants, and employees of Georgian Mall include:
- Prominent signage and markers to enforce respectful physical distancing in all spaces
- Increased cleaning of frequent touchpoints, such as entrance door handles, and washroom fixtures
- Increased number of hand sanitizer units for guests and employees
- Common seating areas such as food court tables and chairs will be removed or access will be restricted
- Certain shopping centre services, such as strollers, typically provided by Guest Services will be temporarily paused
- Ongoing communication with all tenants and employees advising them of protocols, policies and recommended practices to keep them safe and prevent virus transmission
- All scheduled events and programming will be cancelled until further notice