Three Innisfil men face 39 criminal code charges after police seized 10 guns including a submachine gun during search warrants executed at two homes and three vehicles in Alcona.
South Simcoe Police say the raids capped off a recent investigation into unauthorized possession of firearms.
They say the guns were unlawfully possessed and stored in an unsafe manner. The guns seized include:
- a loaded 40 calibre hand gun which was under a bedroom pillow
- a submachine gun with an illegally modified magazine
- an assault rifle with a bayonet
- 7 other long guns
The charges against three Innisfil men include:
- Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm
- Careless Use/Unsafe Storage of a Firearm
- Possess Prohibited Device
The suspects were released from custody and are to appear in court in August.