York Regional Police officers say their Hold-Up Unit has charged a male in connection with a home invasion robbery in the Town of Georgina.
Around 11 at night on Monday, police were called to the area of Metropolitan Crescent and Simcoe Avenue for a report of a man with a weapon.
Officers say the suspect entered a home with a shotgun and demanded the residents to hand over cash and mobile devices.
Police arrived at the scene before the suspect could flee and was taken into custody – no one was injured.
A 42-year-old man of no fixed address face multiple charges:
- Possession of a firearm without a license
- Possession of a weapon
- Pointing a firearm
- Possession of a firearm knowing its possession is unauthorized
- Careless storage of firearm, weapon, prohibited device
- Possession of a prohibited or restricted firearm with ammunition
- Fail to comply with judicial release order
The investigation is ongoing.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the York Regional Police Hold-Up Unit at 1-866-876-5423, ext. 6631, or call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS, leave an anonymous tip online at www.1800222tips.com.
Banner image – file photo – Barrie 360