Downtown Barrie’s Hot Cocoa Trail Is Warming Up
This Barrie 360 content is brought to you by Downtown Barrie BIA
What could be better than hot cocoa on a cool winter’s night? How about a whole list of fantastic stops with some of the tastiest drinks you’ve ever had?
Whether you’re visiting Barrie for the weekend or you live here all year long, you can experience a delightful adventure as you make your way through the Downtown Barrie Hot Cocoa Trail. Explore local cafés and bakeries, enjoy food and drinks crafted with creativity and skill, and sip steaming mugs full of hot chocolate and other warm delights.
The event will run every Saturday and Sunday in February. And with every Hot Cocoa Trail purchase, you’ll be entered to win a $250 Downtown Prize Pack! You can also share your best #hotcocoatrail moment with @downtownbarrie for an additional chance to win! (Don’t forget to tell everyone where you picked up your delicious treat!)
With over 25 participating locations, you’re sure to find something that you like.
Map Of The Downtown Barrie Hot Cocoa Trail
Warm Tasty Drinks
For a warm drink, be sure to check out:
1. Lazy Tulip at 37 Mulcaster St – Spicy Cafe Mocha
2. J’adore at 123 Dunlop St E – Hot Chocolate On A Spoon
3. Bohemia at 125 Dunlop St. East – Rich Parisian-Style Cocoa
4. Ripe Juicery at 118 Dunlop St E – Cocoa Loco Smoothie
5. Chillz at 89 Dunlop St E – Peanut Butter Nutella, S’mores, And Cookies & Cream Hot Chocolates
6. Dunlop Street Diner at 20 Dunlop St E – Classic Hot Chocolate
7. Wired Owl at 49 Dunlop St E – Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate
8. Casa Cappuccino at 91 Dunlop St E – Snowball Hot Cocoa
9. Valiant’s at 112 Dunlop St E – Maple Dark Chocolate Hot Cocoa
10. Chavos at 74 Dunlop St E – Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate With Marshmallows
11. Common Good at 85 Bayfield St – Vegan Rose Cardamom Hot Chocolate Made With Oat Milk, Topped With Vegan Whipped Cream And Rose Petals
12. Vegan Pantry at 34 Ross St – Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate Made With Almond Milk With A Homemade Caramel Sauce
13. Andros Cakes at 58 Dunlop St E – Dark Chocolate And Salted Caramel
14. Homestead at 80 Dunlop St – Sweet Cherry Mocha, Featuring Good Monday Coffee E
15. The Mexican House at 24 Maple Ave – Hot Cocoa Atole, And Chocolate Shots (19+)
16. B’spoke at 55 Collier St – Mayan Hot Cocoa With 1800 Reposado Tequila, Dark Cocoa, Oat Milk, Cayenne Simple Syrup, Vanilla, Fleur De Sel, Cinnamon Dusting, and Fire Roasted Marshmallows (19+)
17. Flying Monkeys at 107 Dunlop St E – The Viva Puff Craft Beer Cocktail
A Belly-Warming Blend Of Chocolate Manifesto Triple Chocolate Milk Stout And 12 Minutes To Destiny Raspberry-Hibiscus Lager, Topped With Whipped Cream, Raspberry Drizzle, And Chocolate Sprinkles. (19+)
18. Wheeled Brew Bottleshop at 19 Clapperton St – Hot Chocolate Stout
19. Thorganic Farms at The Barrie Farmers Market – Thorganic Explosion Hot Cocoa: Thick Cosmic Creamy Hot Chocolate, Flavours Include Smores, After Eight, Rolo, Turtles
20. Pivot Coffee Roastery at The Barrie Farmer’s Market – Coffee And Hot Chocolate
If you’d like a tasty treat to go with your warm drink, check out one of these tasty locations …
21. Donaleigh’s at 28 Dunlop St E – Guinness Chocolate Cake
22. North Country at 10 Dunlop St E – Brownie Sundae
23. Chillz at 89 Dunlop St E – Black Forest Frozen Dessert And Razza Lava Cake
Something To Take Home
Looking for something to take home? Try these treats.
24. Artisan Boutique at 130 Dunlop St E – Hot Cocoa Kits And Accessories
25. May Court Club at 54 Maple Ave – Treats For Shoppers
26. Our House at 55 Dunlop St E – Hot Chocolate Packets, Buy 2 Get 2 Free
27. Blueberry Moon at 111 Dunlop St E – Hot Cocoa Kits, Gourmet Marshmallows, Mugs, and Accessories
28. Everleigh Gardens at 104 Dunlop St E – Hot Cocoa Kits And Mugs
A Unique Chocolatey Experience
Or you can enjoy a Reiki Session while enjoying intoxicating chocolate aromatherapy …
29. The Abundance Bar at 62 Mary St – Relaxing Love Reiki Session
Sweet Scents Of Intoxicating Chocolate Aromatherapy Invoke Feelings Of Relaxation. End Your Session Smelling Like A Box Of Chocolates
Don’t Miss The Hot Cocoa Trail!
This winter, Barrie is heating things up with a delicious Hot Cocoa Trail. Be sure to check out the many amazing stops that offer some of the best cocoa drinks you’ve ever had!
So don’t wait any longer, grab a friend and get ready for some delicious cocoa-filled adventures.