Springwater Fire is giving a shout-out to some people in a Hillsdale neighbourhood for digging snow out from around a fire hydrant.
Crews say they were a vital part in saving their neighbours house during a chimney fire on Mill Street Friday morning.
Hey a big thankyou shout out to the occupants of 24 or 26 Mill street I bet when you cleared this hydrant out you didn't think you be a vital part of saving your Neighbors house from a chimney fire. Nice Job !!😉😃👏👍 pic.twitter.com/sQHsd3qPgD— Springwater Fire (@SpringwaterFIRE) January 28, 2022
Damage was kept to about $5,000.
Fire Chief Jeff Kirk praised the efforts of those who took the time to dig the snow.
He says anyone with a hydrant in front of their home should try to have at least three feet of snow cleared from all around it.