Working smoke alarms alerted homeowners to a kitchen fire at a residence on Ottaway Avenue in Barrie.
The fire department was called to the scene shortly after 12 noon on Sunday. Firefighters made quick work of the flames, although there is smoke damage throughout the home.
Fire officials said working smoke alarms alerted the homeowners. They attempted to extinguish the fire. The four people in the residence then left the home and called 911.
Two people have been displaced by the fire until clean up efforts can be completed.
There were no injuries. A damage total is not available.
Barrie Fire would like to remind everyone that only working smoke and carbon monoxide alarms will alert you to a fire and to remain alert in the kitchen when you are cooking.