Neighbour spots fire at next-door home in Clearview, alerts tenant
Blaze started in the attic
Damage is pegged at $60,000 following an electrical fire at a home being rented in Clearview Township.
Chief Roree Payment tells Barrie 360 a neighbour called in the fire around 9 p.m. on Friday. The person was able to alert the tenant.
Payment says the fire was in the attic and the occupant was unaware because there was no smoke.
The fire was on Concession 7 between New Lowell and Stayner.
By the time firefighters got to the scene, flames had broken through the roof.