One person taken to hospital following house fire in Angus

No cause for the fire

A house fire in Angus resulted in a 33-year-old man being taken to hospital with non-life threatening injuries.

Essa fire crews were called to the Margaret Street residence in the area of Osborn and Alma early Saturday morning.

Fire Chief Cynthia Ross Tustin tells Barrie 360 it’s believed the fire started in the kitchen. The blaze is not considered suspicious.

Damage is pegged at $350,000.

Tustin says the injured man was the lone occupant of the home.