May is Museum Month and the Simcoe County Museum plans to make the most of what it has to offer. Since you can’t go to the museum due to COVID -19 restrictions, they invite you to celebrate our local heritage and culture from home. They’re connecting audiences online through the #MuseumFromHome experience.
Several virtual programs, activities, and tours are available for all ages
- Virtual Gallery Tours with Activities – To celebrate the first week of May is Museum Month, the museum will take visitors on a virtual tour. Each day will feature a different gallery and an activity for people to do from home.
- Mother’s Day Victorian Tea – On May 10th join the museum virtually from 2 to 4 p.m. for the Mother’s Day Victorian Tea. Share your tea party pictures with Mom to @simcoecountymuseum Facebook page under the comments section of the Mother’s Day Victorian Tea event post. A prize will be awarded at random from participants who post their picture on Facebook.
- National Nursing Week May 11 to 17 – This week is to celebrate nurses, past and present. Check out their online exhibit for information about the WWI Nursing Sisters, the early nursing days of Royal Victoria Hospital, as well as present day nurses in our long-term care homes.
- Collections Corner May 18 to 24 – Calling all who like to collect things. This week the museum will share various donated collections from toys to sparkplugs and more. Share your collections (toys, coins, books etc.) images via the museum’s Facebook page.
- Time Capsule last week of May – We are currently living history and future generations will wonder what it was like to experience life during the COVID-19 Pandemic. Visit museum.simcoe.ca to learn how to create your own time capsule.