Smoke Alarms and Home Security System Credited With Keeping Dryer Fire From Getting Out of Control
Early Alert Kept Flames From Spreading
No significant damage or injuries after a dryer fire in Oro Medonte.
Fire crews got notice from a home security system of smoke at a Line 15 and Bass Lake Sideroad-area home just after 8:30 Monday morning, saying the dryer ended up being the source.
The fire was knocked down in short order, while officials say if it weren’t for the alerts provided by the smoke detectors and home security system, the fire could have spread and decimated the home.
Nobody was at home at the time, while Oro Medonte Fire Services reminds folks to stay home while using the clothes dryer.