Careless use of smoking materials blamed for Wasaga Beach house fire

Man treated for smoke inhalation

Enough damage was done in a house fire at Wasaga Beach that a man will have to find someplace else to live for a while.

Firefighters got the call to the 30th Street North home around 11:30 Monday morning.

The man, who had been sleeping when the flames erupted, was able to escape but had to be treated at hospital for smoke inhalation.

Considerable damage was done to the interior of the house.

Careless use of smoking materials gets the blame.

Fire officials say it appears there were no working smoke alarms in the home.

A house fire early Saturday on Smallman Drive left a woman with minor burns, a man, and two children suffering from smoke inhalation.

A smoke alarm alerted them after a fleece blanket ignited after touching a gas fireplace that turned on with a thermostat.

One of the occupants attempted to douse the flames before firefighters arrived.

19 Shares
Tweet
Share
Share
Pin