Mother’s Day is just around the corner and it’s time to show mom just how much you appreciate her. We have your guide to the best restaurants to eat at, activities to do, and places to find that perfect Mother’s Day gift in and around Barrie!
Mother’s Day Brunch
There’s a huge number of locations in Barrie and Simcoe County holding special Mother’s Day brunches for you to treat mom!
- Barrie Hill Farms ($17) – enjoy brunch then head out to the picking fields to pick-your-own fresh asparagus. Seatings at 11 AM and 12:30 PM.
- Lazy Tulip Cafe ($35) – Enjoy a 3-course meal at the MacLaren Art Centre with seating starting at 9 AM.
- Michael & Marion’s ($40/$16 for kids) – Reserve a spot for this 3-course brunch from 10:30 AM to 3 PM. The menu includes a selection of mains plus shareable starters and a dessert.
- Bayside Variety ($40) – Enjoy a 3-course prix fixe menu from 10 AM to 1 PM with special offerings for children available.
- The Farmhouse Restaurant ($19) – Treat your mom to a delicious meal and a 4-inch starter rosemary, thyme, or basil plant.
- Tangle Creek ($65/$35 for kids under 15/$25 for kids under 8) – Enjoy Tangle Creek’s annual Mother’s Day Brunch with seatings starting at 10 AM.
- Canadian Brewhouse (FREE) – All mothers get free brunch (or app) this Sunday from 11 AM to 4 PM.
- Bloom Bistro – Make a reservation for Mother’s Day Tea at Bloom Bistro.
- Fern Resort ($42/$24 for kids under 12/$12 for kids under 3) – Enjoy a long list of tasty brunch classics at Fern’s Mother’s Day Brunch with three seating times at 9:15 AM, 10 AM, and 1:15 PM.
- Innisbrook ($32.95/Half price for kids 6 to 12) – Spend some time with your loved one’s this Mother’s Day at Innisbrook. Seatings at 10:30 AM and 12:30 PM.
- Grape and Olive ($55/$29 for kids under 12/FREE for kids under 3) – Celebrate Mother’s Day at The Grape and Olive in Orillia from 10 AM to 2 PM.
- Spynn Restaurant – is hosting a Mother’s Day Brunch with classics like eggs Benedict, tea sandwiches, and more.
- The Pottery Restaurant – Head to Blue Mountain to enjoy a spread of fresh fruit, eggs benedict, waffles, and more starting at 10 AM.
- The Rec Room ($20) – Check out Top Tier Drag at The Rec Room’s Mother’s Day Brunch starting at 12 PM.
- The Briars ($59/$22 for kids under 10) – Enjoy a delightful Mother’s Day Brunch full of tasty dishes, chef-attended stations, and more.
If you’re looking to celebrate a day early, be sure to check out the Mother’s Day High Tea & Social at Uncorked. Seatings are from 10:30 AM to 12:30 PM and 1:30 PM to 3:30 PM on Saturday, May 13 and tickets are $65 each.
Momedy Mother’s Day Special
LiveBarrie presents YukYuks Stand Up Mom-edy Show! Celebrating Mother’s Day with Stand-Up Comedy at the Five Points Theatre this Sunday at 7 PM. The show will feature headliner Ted Morris, Fiona O’Brien, and MC Bryan Hatt. Tickets are $40 in advance or $45 at the door.
No Mother’s Day is complete without a beautiful bouquet of flowers. Barrie has a ton of options like Barrie Flowers 649, Pick Me Up Flowers, and Joshua’s Greenery to ensure you get the perfect arrangement for Mother’s Day. If you want to go a little outside the box, why not try a bouquet she can eat from Edible Arrangements?
A day full of relaxation may be just what mom needs. Surprise her with a facial from Natural Balance, a pedicure from La Dolce Vita, or go all out with a full package at Glow Day Spa. Let mom live out this Mother’s Day in the lap of luxury.
Most importantly, whatever you choose to do with her this Mother’s Day, wrap it all up with a hug and an “I love you”.